Marriage is a celebration of the love that unites a man and a woman in a relationship where "they are no longer two, but one." Mark 10:8
We believe marriage is a covenant between a woman and a man who, before God, make a lifelong commitment to each other. In our wedding ceremonies, we rejoice that marriage is a gift given by God, blessed by Jesus Christ and sustained by the Holy Spirit. The wedding ceremony marks the beginning of a union between the husband and wife and Christ, and celebrates God's plan for marriage.
We are delighted you are considering having your wedding ceremony take place at MPPC. You do not need to be a member of our church family in order to be married in our sanctuary.
Wedding Times and Facilities
Weddings may be scheduled on Friday evenings beginning between 4 and 6 p.m. or on Saturdays beginning between 10:30 a.m and 1 p.m. The sanctuary seats 500 people in the downstairs area. There are 27 pews on either side of the center aisle and aisle is 75 feet long.
Weddings are a part of our ministry. Therefore, weddings at MPPC are conducted under the direction of one of our pastors. We have several ordained pastors on the MPPC staff who perform weddings. If you have a preference for a particular pastor, your request will be honored, if possible. The pastor will meet with the bride and groom prior to the ceremony. These appointments need to be arranged through the pastor's office. A guest pastor may participate in the ceremony. Please contact us with any questions.
We strongly encourage premarital counseling sessions with the pastor who will perform your wedding ceremony. Additionally, the following special programs are available:
- Foundations for Marriage is a course for couples (dating, engaged, or recently married) presenting a Biblical and practical foundation for marriage. More information
- Marriage Mentoring Ministry connects seriously dating and engaged couples with trained Christian couples for approximately six weeks. You will complete a marriage inventory and learn the basics of a Christ-centered marriage. Couples are matched with trained mentors who have been married at least 10 years and who coach them in basic relationship building blocks and the practical skills of good communication and conflict resolution. If you would like to be paired with a mentor couple, please email us.
Wedding music is under the direction and guidelines of the pastor and wedding coordinator. A sample wedding music CD is available from the wedding coordinator.
The fee for utilizing MPPC as the setting for your wedding is $1,700 for non-members and $1,350 for members. This fee includes:
- the MPPC pastor
- sound technician
- wedding coordinator and hostess at the rehearsal and ceremony
- candleabra stands with candles
- an audio CD of the ceremony
- use of the bridal room and groom's room
We can also provide a white silk flower arrangement for the communion table and a unity candle set. You will have the use of the sanctuary for a 2.5 hour period, starting 1 hour before the ceremony begins and extending an additional 1.5 hours, including the ceremony. DVD services are available for an additional fee. A $250 deposit is required.
Click here to make an online deposit payment. Otherwise, please include the deposit fee when submitting the wedding application.
Download the wedding application.
Facilities are not available for receptions on the MPPC campus.
Rehearsals are usually scheduled at 4 or 5 p.m. on either a Thursday or a Friday. The rehearsal is under the supervision of the MPPC pastor and wedding coordinator.
For more information about weddings and to check availability, contact Vicki Kirkland.