EventBack to Calendar Back to Featured Events
April 11, 2015 8:00 AM – April 12, 2015 5:00 PM
Welcome to Compassion Weekend 2015! On Compassion Weekend, we cancel our regular worship services and go out into the community together to serve our neighbors.
For those of us who consider MPPC our church home, we do this out of love and obedience to Jesus Christ, who calls us to love our neighbors as ourselves. It’s not just about what we do. It’s about the kind of people we become.
Wherever you are in your faith journey, whether part of our church or not, we invite you to join this movement to see the Bay Area flourish—especially for the sake of those who are most vulnerable to poverty, hunger, homelessness, isolation, lack of education, and other challenges.
Because of Compassion Weekend, here's the impact we've seen over the last 10 years:
- More than 128,000 people-hours invested in our community
- Tens of thousands of meals served to those in need
- Upgraded classrooms and libraries for thousands of students and hundreds of teachers
- Nearly 200 homes completed for lower income, first time homeowners
- 54,000 AIDS caregiver kits and backpacks completed, serving 2.3 million people in Africa and Haiti
Watch a video about Compassion Weekend:
- Event Contact: Bennie Ingraham